PLM High Flow Performance 400 Cell Metallic Catalytic Converter
Availability: In stock
Product Code: PLM-CAT-2.5-MET-400
Price is for one (1) catalytic converter. If you need two (2), please add 2 to cart.
- Price is for one catalytic converter
- Metallic metal core, 400 cell
- Overall length 7"
- Body diameter 3.0" and 3.5"
- Body length 4"
- Available in 2.5" or 3.0" diameter inlet and outlet
- Easy "cut-and-clamp" or weld-on installation
- Stainless steel construction
- OBD-II compliant 48-state legal (Restricted in CA and NY)
- High flow catalytic converters may not pass emissions test
- Please check your local law to see if aftermarket catalytic converters are allowed.
- This catalytic converter is not for OEM factory replacement.
- Note: Photos shows 2 sizes, 2.5" & 3.0". Price is for each catalytic converter.
- Photo note: The photo shows our high quality metallic core. The one on the right is more dense at 400 cell per square inch.
400 cell vs. 200 cell?
A catalytic converter (CAT) is made of many little cells with high value metals which will take care of oxidizing the gazes that were not fully oxidized in the engine. A 400 cell cat means there are 400 of these cells per square inch. As this number goes down, the amount of physical cells decreases therefore generating fewer constraints for the exhaust flows.
We recommend this 400 cell catalytic converter if you want to retain factory-like emissions and have better performance, and in most cases, will not throw a code.
If you want high flow, with the least amount of restriction, we recommend our 200 cell catalytic converters. See this link here.