Precision Work Ford F150 Clunk Fix Washers
Availability: In stock
Product Code: PW-FD-F150-CLUNK
Precision Works Clunk Fix Washers
- 1999 - 2004 FORD SVT F-150 LIGHTNING
- 2002 - 2003 HARLEY 4.6L 5.4L
- 1999 - 2004 Lightning & Similar Applications
These CNC precision machined spacers fit between the driver's side front lower control arm and the frame bracket. The factory holes for the rear bolt are slotted, and the installation of these washers will prevent unwanted movement of the control arm mounting bolt. The movement that results from the factory arrangement can be felt as a 'clunk' when the steering wheel is turned and as instability in the steering while driving.
Two washers (one for each side of the bolt) are included in each kit. Installation is very simple and no special tools are required. The two washers install at each end of rearmost bolt for the driver's side lower control arm.
- It is recommended that the truck be aligned following the installation of these clunk washers.
- In some instances, it appears that Ford used a control arm bolt with the same thread but a slightly larger OD. The fit of the washer over the fastener is tight by design, but some trucks using this particular bolt with the taller threads may require a slight honing of the ID of the washers for proper installation.